Linguine Al Limone
This is an extremely easy dish to make, either for the family or for a special occasion. Minimal amounts of ingredients and success guaranteed
- 200 g. linguine or fettuccine.
- 250 ml. fresh cream
- 50 g. parmesan cheese
- The grated peel of 1 lemon
- Saffron or cumin, a smidgin
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the cream in a pot, add the grated parmesan
- Then add salt and pepper
- Add the grated lemon peel and a touch of saffron and cumin. If you don’t like saffron or cumin you can leave it out, they are used to give the cream a light yellowish shade
- Warm-up this mixture, DO NOT BOIL. The ingredients must simply blend
- Boil the water with salt, cook the linguine according to the instructions on the packet, drain.
- Add the linguine to the ingredients in the pot and mix thoroughly for a couple of minutes at low temperature.
I have also used penne with this dish, which is actually ok, but don’t tell the purists.
Yummy, lovely to look at and healthy BUON APPETITO!
Mamma Maria from Treviso xx