Sun’s out, BBQ’s out!!!
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium bowl stir together the brown sugar, salt, paprika, oregano, fennel seed, and black pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat. Toss the marinated shrimp with the olive oil and place on the heated grill pan. Grill for about 3 minutes on each side or until browned and opaque all the way through. Serve warm or at room temperature.