• 1 small garlic clove
• Pinch of sea salt
• 25g pine nuts or macadamia nuts
• 50g rocket leaves
• 25g Parmesan, finely grated
• 125ml extra-virgin olive oil
• Put the garlic and salt into the bowl of a small food processor and pulse.
• Add the pine nuts and pulse until roughly chopped (be careful not to over-process). Add the rocket and pulse carefully until it is well mixed, but still very textured.
• Pour in the olive oil and mix well until you have a juicy paste, seasoning to taste as you go.
• Turn into a bowl and stir through the Parmesan.
I love this rocket pesto, it has a stronger flavour than the traditional basil pesto, however if you don’t feel so adventurous you might try 50% basil and 50% rocket leaves. I only add the parmesan cheese if I am going to use the pesto immediately. If I plan to keep it in the fridge (make sure there is always a bit of oil covering the surface) I add the cheese as I need it.
Mamma Maria xx