Weekly Blogs with Mamma Maria are back and we are so excited!
Hi, guys, I hope you are doing well. This covid thing is getting a bit too long for my liking but, as I have experienced many times in my long life, all bad things eventually go away.
Cooking and eating, since we have to spend so much time at home, has become quite an important part of our life. Bye bye dieting and the hope of losing one or two sizes before summer, at least for me.
I have been concentrating on quick, inexpensive tasty dishes using staple ingredients that are in every home, so no need to go shopping and hunting for them.
In Italy “leccarsi I baffi” refers to something that is extremely delicious, like this pasta for instance.
PENNE AL BAFFO
Ingredients (for 4)
300g tomato passata
200 tinned tuna (drain the oil)
200g cooking cream
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs chopped parsley
- Gently brown your onion with the oil
- Add the tomato passata and half a glass of water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Put the right amount of salt
- Add the pieces of tuna and simmer for a couple of minutes
- Finally add the cream, and mix into this sauce
- In the meantime, cook the penne AL DENTE in a lot of water (and salt)
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
- Sautee the penne and the sauce for two minutes
- Add the chopped parsley (ground black pepper optional)
- Your yummy dish is now ready to serve.
Please remember to always keep a little pasta water, in case you want a creamier sauce.
BUON APPETITO AND A BIG HUG FROM MAMMA MARIA